Wood Buffalo Events to Close Out September
With many events happening throughout the communities found in the Wood Buffalo area, it's important to know what's coming up. The end of September and beginning of October is full of great events to add to your calendar. Here are some of the choices you can enjoy.
Wood Buffalo Corporate Challenge at MacDonald Island Park, September 28th from 12am to 12pm
This is a four-day event perfect for businesses and employees. The event focuses on promoting health and wellness, along with fun in the workplace.
Culture Days at the Oil Sands Discovery Centre, September 27th to 29th from 10am to 4pm
This free event will provide all types of arts and crafts on Sunday and the opportunity to enjoy the Discovery Centre throughout the weekend.
Hidden Treasures of the North at Heritage Park, September 28th from 1pm to 7pm
Put on by the Fort McMurray Historic Society, this showcase of films provides plenty of fun. Two separate showings will allow access to many archival materials and admission is provided with a small donation.
Other events include:
- Edacity's Xtreme Challenge: Survival at Keyano College, September 28th from 12pm to 5pm
- 4-Play Drama Series - Boing Boing at Keyano Theatre, September 28th from 8pm to 11pm
- 3-PLAY at Keyano Recital Theatre, September 29th from 6pm to 11pm
- Ski Patrol Certification Training at the Bob Lamb Centre, September 30th from 7pm to 10pm
- Crib at Golden Years Society, October 1st from 7pm to 9pm
- Wet and Wild Diving Society Meeting at the Bob Lamb Centre, October 1st from 7:30pm to 9pm
Many other events will be added to the schedule for the beginning of October. Residents can choose from some excellent things going on at the end of the month and these are just few of the best events.