What Type of Arts and Culture Programs are Found at MacDonald Island Park for the Winter?
MacDonald Island Park is a great place to go when you have the winter blues. Everyone starts to get a little bit of cabin fever during the winter time, as it is too cold to go outside. However, there are some great programs during the winter months at MacDonald Island Park that your whole family can get involved in. This is a great chance to get out of the house, and enjoy some much needed family time.
- Ancient Adventures (Children) – Children will learn about the roots of art. Subjects covered include cave art, ancient artifacts, pottery and fossils.
- Anzac - Creative Community Art Workshops (All Ages) – This is a program the whole family can get involved in. Each month presents a new subject, skill set and resources.
- Art Around the World (Children) – Travel the world and learn about the vast amount of art and culture that surrounds us.
- Exploring Contemporary Art II (Adult) – This is a ten week course, which focuses on art between 1970 to present day. You will engage in making art using different methods and skill sets.
- Mindful Mixed-Media (Adult) – Students will enjoy exploring their creative side by using a variety of wet and dry methods.
- Creative Creatures (Children) – Children will engage in making 2D and 3D characters.
Other programs that you may be interested in, include:
- February Workshop: Basic Color Theory for Painting (Adult)
- February Workshop: Paint the City Red! (Adult)
- Found Object Eco-Art Challenge (Youth)
- Art Around the World (Home School Program)
- January Workshop: Artist Journal - Part 1 (Adult)
- January Workshop: Artist Journal - Part 2 (Adult)
- March Workshop: Mixed-Media Madness (Adult)
There are so many possibilities when it comes to exploring the world of art and culture. MacDonald Island Park has everything you need to get you through the winter months.